Grilled Mushroom and Ricotta Pizza
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for grilling and drizzling
- 1 ounce cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 8 ounce round prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, defrosted if frozen
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1. 1. Heat one side of the grill to medium high and brush the grate with oil. In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms and 1 tablespoon oil.
2. 2. Dust an overturned baking sheet and a work surface with flour. Roll out the dough to form a 12-inch round; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
3. 3. Top dough with the mushrooms, garlic and oregano. Drop dollops of the ricotta over the pizza. Drizzle with oil and season with salt.
4. 4. Slide pizza onto the heated side of grill. Close the cover and cook until the underside of pizza is crisp and golden, 2 to 4 minutes. Slide pizza to unheated side of grill. Close cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender.
5. 5. Top with the basil and additional oil and salt to taste. Slice and serve.