Grilled Baby Eggplant With Raisins, Pine Nuts and Rosemary
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus additional for seasoning
- 6 baby eggplants (about 2 pounds), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
1. In a bowl, combine the goat cheese and rosemary. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
2. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the eggplant with the marinade and season with salt and the black pepper to taste. Reserve remaining marinade.
3. Transfer the eggplant to the grill cut side down. Close cover and cook, 5 to 7 minutes, turning once halfway through, until eggplant is very tender and lightly charred.
4. Remove eggplant from grill and spread the cut side of each half with goat cheese mixture. Top each half with a sprinkling of raisins and pine nuts. Return eggplant to grill cut side up. Close cover and cook until goat cheese is slightly melted, about 30 seconds. Drizzle with reserved marinade and serve.