Grilled Avocado With Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 2 avocados
- 1 large tomato, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for grilling
- 1/8 teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
1. 1. Halve the avocados length-wise; pit and peel. Slice a thin layer from the rounded bottom of each half so that it sits flat.
2. 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomato, cilantro, scallion, jalapeno, lime juice, 1 teaspoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add salt to taste if necessary.
3. 3. Heat the grill to high. Brush avocado halves lightly with oil; grill 1 minute a side, until lightly charred.
4. 4. Place avocado halves on a platter; spoon tomato salsa into wells. Serve immediately.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)