- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 strip turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup skim milk or soy milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 broccoli florets, chopped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat a small, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
2. Add oil to pan. Then add bacon and cook until softened. Add onion, broccoli, garlic, red pepper flakes and oregano; saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk; season with salt and pepper and pour over vegetables.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until fluffy.