Beets With Blue Cheese and Candied Walnuts
- cal. (kcal) 208
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 1 hr to 1 hr 30 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 14
apple-cider, balsamic or red-wine vinegar
extra-virgin olive oil
crumbled blue cheese
candied walnuts, roughly chopped
medium-size beets, tops removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A few handfuls of torn arugula leaves
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap beets individually in foil, twisting the ends, and place on a baking sheet. Bake 60 to 90 minutes, or until a fork easily pierces the flesh.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 5 minutes; whisk in olive oil to make a vinaigrette.
- Remove beets from oven and unwrap them. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skin with your fingers or a small knife. Slice into wedges or 1/3-inch-thick rounds and place in a serving bowl.
- Add vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Top with cheese, walnuts and arugula leaves.
Make Ahead Tip
- Roasting Beets: Beets can be roasted the day before, refrigerated, then reheated.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 208 cal., 16 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 14 g carb. (3 g fiber), 4 g pro.