Basil Gnocchi With Mushroom Ragu
- cal. (kcal) 353
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 50
large russet potatoes, baked, skins removed
salt plus additional to taste
fresh basil, cut into thin strips
flour plus more for dusting
yellow onion, diced
cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes until there are no lumps. Fold in the egg yolks and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 cup of the basil. Sift in 1 cup of the flour; knead gently until dough forms. Add remaining flour; knead until dough is soft, not sticky. (Don't overwork dough.) Form into a disk.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface and divide into 6 equal pieces. Roll pieces lengthwise until they are 3/4 inch in diameter. Sprinkle with flour and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Spread gnocchi on a floured baking sheet and let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft, 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add gnocchi to boiling water. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until all the dumplings rise to the surface. Using a slotted spoon (to allow all excess water to drain off), transfer to a bowl and toss with remaining olive oil and salt to taste. Divide among four plates and top with mushroom ragu. Garnish with the remaining basil and Parmesan.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 353 cal., 12 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 50 g carb. (4 g fiber), 11 g pro.