Tuna Nicoise Sandwiches
- 3 large eggs
- 16 green beans, trimmed
- 2 6.7-ounce jars tuna fillets with garlic in olive oil (such as Tonnino)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped nicoise or Kalamata olives
- 4 1-inch-thick slices multigrain country bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- black pepper
1. Cover eggs with water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil; simmer 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool. Peel and slice.
2. Place green beans in the hot water you cooked eggs in and let stand until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water; pat dry.
3. To make the dressing, measure 1 tablespoon oil from tuna jar and put in a small bowl; whisk in lemon juice and olives. Drain tuna and discard remaining oil.
4. Toast bread and rub with garlic. Top toasted bread with lettuce, tomato, eggs, green beans and tuna. Drizzle with dressing and season with pepper.