Thai Noodle Bowl with Grilled Shrimp
- 1 8 ounce package vermicelli rice noodles or angel-hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 hot red chile, thinly sliced
1. Cook noodles according to package directions and divide among four bowls.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, water, 2 teaspoons oil, and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Divide shrimp among four wooden skewers, brush each with 1 teaspoon oil and grill, flipping once, until opaque, about 4 minutes.
4. Remove shrimp from skewers. Top noodles with shrimp, cucumber, carrots, shallot, mint, peanuts and chile and drizzle with fish sauce mixture.