Yield: 8 slices Prep 15 mins Cook 50 mins View Nutrition Facts
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 firm Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and sliced into 12 wedges each
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mist a 9 1/2-inch tart pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, toss the pears with the lemon juice and brown sugar.
2. In a food processor, pulse together the almonds and granulated sugar until mixture is light and fluffy; add flour, baking powder and salt. Add the egg and lemon zest and slice in the butter. Pulse until the mixture just begins to come together.
3. Turn the dough into the pan and press it over the bottom. Arrange the pears over dough in a circular pattern. Brush the fruit with a teaspoon of the brown sugarlemon juice mixture remaining in the bowl, reserving any leftover liquid.
4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until dough is puffy and golden brown. Brush fruit with brown sugarlemon juice mixture after 40 minutes. Let cool slightly in the pan before serving.