Curried Vegetable Stew With Couscous
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal pieces
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- Cooked couscous
1. Stir spices, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the water together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cilantro and spice mixture. Cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until onion begins to soften.
3. Add cauliflower, zucchini and green beans; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water; bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, for
4. 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender.
5. Stir in chickpeas and tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes more. Serve with couscous, if desired.