Spaghetti-Squash Pad Thai
- 1 small spaghetti squash (1.5 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 14-ounce container extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Prick squash all over with a knife and roast on a rimmed baking sheet about 1 hour, or until tender when pierced.
2. Whisk together lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, jalapeno and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer; keep warm over low heat, whisking occasionally.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add cabbage and saute 1 minute. Stir in tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and pour in eggs. Let sit 30 seconds, then stir constantly until eggs are just cooked, about 2 minutes more. Turn off heat.
4. Halve squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Using a fork, scrape squash from shell. Place strands in a large bowl and gently untangle with fork; transfer to skillet and fold into egg mixture. Drizzle with sauce, stirring to incorporate. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.