Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
1. In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
2. Dissolve the peanut butter in the crushed tomatoes; add the mixture to the soup pot along with the chicken broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil. Add the noodles; reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the cabbage and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the bean sprouts and scallions; turn off heat.
3. Ladle soup into bowls and top each with cilantro and peanuts if desired.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)