Butternut and White Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 cups water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook 3 minutes.
2. Add the squash, salt, cumin and coriander; cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
3. Add the water or broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the beans, juice and vinegar. Puree soup in a food processor or blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)