Skillet Hash With Spinach
- 1 1/2 pounds red new potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, white and green part separated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or sodium-free herb blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 1/2 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 ounces cheddar, shredded (3/4 cup)
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket and cook, covered, over simmering water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add kielbasa and white part of scallions and cook, stirring often, until scallions are slightly softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add potatoes and saute, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Sprinkle paprika, Italian seasoning or herb blend, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste over potato-and-kielbasa mixture; stir to coat. Stir in spinach and green part of scallions. Drizzle water into skillet, sprinkle cheddar over mixture, cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)