Sicilian Farro-and-Tuna Salad
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup farro
- 2 - 5 ounce can water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 6 pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups torn arugula or baby arugula
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring water to a boil in a large, heavy saucepan. Add farro and simmer, partially covered, over medium-low heat 30 minutes. Turn off heat, cover pot and let farro rest 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large serving bowl to cool, about 10 minutes.
2. Add tuna, raisins, olives and capers; stir well to break up tuna. Stir in lemon juice, mustard and oil. Add arugula and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.