Shrimp Salad-Stuffed Tomatoes
- cal. (kcal) 192
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 12
peeled cooked shrimp, (21-25 per pound; thawed if frozen), tails removed, chopped
celery, finely diced
minced fresh basil
Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
medium shallot, minced
freshly ground pepper
large ripe tomatoes, cored
- Combine shrimp, celery, basil, olives, shallot, mayonnaise, vinegar and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Carefully hollow out the inside of each tomato using a melon baller or small spoon; reserve the scooped tomato for another use (see Tip). To serve, fill each tomato with a generous 1/2 cup of the shrimp salad.
- Tips: Save the scooped-out tomato insides to use in fresh tomato soup or pasta sauce. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare the salad (Step 1). Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 192 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 230 mg chol., 585 mg sodium, 12 g carb. (2 g fiber), 30 g pro.