Shrimp and Tropical Fruit
- cal. (kcal) 199
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Grill: 10 mins to 12 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 21
fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells
bottled barbecue sauce
unsweetened pineapple juice
grated gingerroot or 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
of a fresh pineapple, sliced crosswise
medium papaya, peeled, seeded, and cut up
medium kiwifruit, peeled and cut up
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. On six 10- to 12- inch skewers thread shrimp. For sauce, in a medium bowl stir together barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, oil and gingerroot. Brush shrimp with sauce.
- Grill shrimp on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and brushing occasionally with sauce. Place pineapple on grill rack next to shrimp the last 5 minutes of grilling, turning once.
- Serve shrimp and pineapple with papaya and kiwifruit. In a small saucepan heat remaining sauce to boiling; cool slightly. Pass for dipping.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 199 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 116 mg chol., 474 mg sodium, 21 g carb. (1 g fiber), 14 g pro.