Shrimp and Mushroom Risotto
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup nonfat beef broth
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 3 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in half
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, mushrooms, beef broth, and barley. Simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Stir in the shrimp, sour cream, sage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.To serve:
3. Ladle the risotto into bowls and serve hot.