Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed, or shrimp
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and bay leaf and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to become saucy, about 15 minutes.
4. Cover, keep warm.
5. Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
6. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking.
7. Add the salmon fillets and cook, for 3 minutes.
8. Turn and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes more.
9. Transfer to a serving plate, top with the sauce, and serve.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)