Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- cal. (kcal) 339
- Makes: 4 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 3
clove garlic, finely chopped
salmon fillets, skin removed, or shrimp
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bay leaf and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to become saucy, about 15 minutes.
- Cover, keep warm.
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Add the salmon fillets and cook, for 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with the sauce, and serve.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 339 cal., 21 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 3 g carb. (1 g fiber), 33 g pro.