Panko-Crusted Tuna with Orange-Ginger-Glazed Snap Peas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 4 6 ounces tuna steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 pound snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
1. In a large dish, whisk together the honey, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the sriracha and mayonnaise; set aside.
2. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1 teaspoon of the orange juice. Stir in remaining orange juice and the minced ginger. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; add the snap peas and cook 1 minute or until bright green. Drain and remove from pan. Add the orange juice mixture to saucepan and bring to a boil; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thick. Toss snap peas in the orange-ginger glaze just before serving.
3. Remove tuna from marinade and dredge in the panko. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook to desired degree of doneness, about another 3 minutes for medium rare.
4. Serve fish with a dollop of the spicy mayonnaise and glazed snap peas.