No-Stir Risotto With Scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Zest of 1/2 orange
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the scallops with 1/8 teaspoon each of the salt and black pepper. Place scallops in the pot and sear 1 1/2 minutes on each side; set aside on a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
2. Heat remaining oil in pot and reduce heat to medium low. Add the onion, sugar and remaining salt and pepper and saute 10 minutes, scraping up any brown bits left by the scallops and stirring occasionally.
3. Add the rice and stir to coat with onion and oil. Stir in the broth and wine; return heat to medium high, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is cooked through. Stir in the Parmesan and scallops, along with any liquid on the plate. Toss in the arugula and serve topped with the orange zest.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)