Warm Tarragon Potato Salad
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon or dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed, or dried dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 pound tiny new potatoes and/or small yellow potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/2 cup chopped red radishes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 thin slices Canadian-style bacon, chopped (1 ounce)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 artichokes, cooked, halved lengthwise, and choke removed (optional)
1. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the 1/4 cup oil, the vinegar, sugar (if desired), tarragon, and mustard. Set aside.
2. In a lightly greased 2-quart square foil pan combine potatoes and the 2 teaspoons oil; toss to coat.
3. In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals around edge of grill. Test for medium-hot heat in center of grill. Place potatoes in center of grill rack. Cover and grill about 25 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Cool potatoes slightly.
4. In a large bowl combine potatoes, bok choy, radishes, green onions, Canadian-style bacon, and pepper. Add the dressing; toss gently to coat. If desired, spoon the salad into artichoke halves.