Warm Sweet Potato, Apple, & Sausage Salad
- 1 pound sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 pound cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium cooking apples, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup bottled sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
1. In a large skillet cook sweet potatoes and onion in margarine over medium heat about 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in sausage, apples, sweet-and-sour sauce, and caraway seed. Cook, covered, over medium heat about 3 minutes or until apples are tender and sausage is heated through, stirring occasionally. (If mixture seems thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to make desired consistency.)
3. Place spinach on a large serving platter. Top with sweet potato mixture.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)