Spicy Steak and Ranch Salad
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 10 ounce package European-style salad greens
- 2 carrots, cut into thin bite-size strips or peeled into thin strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup bottled fat-free ranch salad dressing
1. In a large nonstick skillet cook French-fried onions over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine Cajun seasoning, lime juice, and garlic. Rub mixture over both sides of steak. In the same skillet cook steak over medium heat to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare or 9 to 12 minutes for medium.) Remove skillet from heat; let stand for 10 minutes. Cut steak into thin bite-size slices. If desired, season with salt.
3. On a large serving platter toss together the salad greens, carrots, and radishes. Arrange the steak strips over salad greens. Drizzle the dressing over salad. Sprinkle with the French-fried onions.