Seared Scallop & Spinach Salad
- cal. (kcal) 160
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 19
torn fresh spinach
sliced fresh mushrooms
bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
ground red pepper
- Rinse scallops; pat dry. Set scallops aside. In a large bowl toss together spinach, mushrooms, and carrots; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- In a medium bowl combine chili powder and ground red pepper; add scallops, tossing lightly to coat.
- Cook scallops in reserved bacon drippings over medium heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until scallops turn opaque. Remove scallops from skillet; set aside. Add chutney, water, and mustard to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until hot and bubbly; spoon over spinach mixture, tossing lightly to coat.
- Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates. Top with scallops. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 160 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 22 mg chol., 324 mg sodium, 19 g carb. (5 g fiber), 14 g pro.