Orange-Pistachio Wild-Rice Salad
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 orange, peel and pith removed, segmented and sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 10 large basil leaves, sliced into ribbons(about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Toast nuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine brown rice, wild rice, and chicken broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until all liquid is evaporated and rice is fully cooked, 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
3. Transfer rice to a medium bowl. Add orange, basil, red onion, pistachios, and orange zest; mix.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, orange juice, mustard, honey, and salt. Pour dressing over the rice mixture and toss.