Mesclun Strawberry Salad
- 8 ounces mesclun or spring salad mix
- 16 large strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar*
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil
- 1 small shallot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil (if desired)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted in a dry skillet until golden brown
1. Place greens in a large bowl.
2. In a blender, puree 1/2 of the strawberries with the vinegar, oils and shallot on low speed for 1 minute, or until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Drizzle salad with half of the vinaigrette; toss well to coat. Arrange on a large platter.
4. Slice remaining strawberries; sprinkle over salad with basil (if using), crumbled goat cheese and toasted chopped walnuts. If desired, serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- *Can't find raspberry vinegar? Use apple-cider vinegar instead.