Grilled Peach and Pecan Salad
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups arugula, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon basil, julienned
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Coat pecans with cooking spray; add to sugar mixture and toss to cover. Toast in oven, shaking frequently.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together next five ingredients and remaining salt. Set aside.
5. Coat peaches with cooking spray and grill 5 minutes, or until just softened. Let cool slightly.
6. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together arugula, basil, red onion and dressing; evenly divide among four plates.
7. Top each salad with 2 peach halves and sprinkle with one-fourth of the goat cheese and pecans. Season with pepper.