Greek Salad with Pita Croutons
- 1 whole-grain pita
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce mixed with cucumbers, tomatoes and red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
1. Toast whole-grain pita until crunchy, then chop into bite-size pieces. Whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Toss lemon dressing with remaining ingredients (including pita pieces).
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)