Endive, Radicchio and Poached Figs with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup dried figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups sliced endive
- 4 cups sliced radicchio
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, poach figs in wine and honey for 10 minutes, or until softened. Drain, reserving liquid.
2. Toss with lettuces; mound mixture onto four plates.
3. Transfer poaching liquid to a blender; add half the parsley and all of the remaining ingredients except walnuts. Puree until smooth.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and walnuts.