Asian Chopped Salad
- 1/2 cup wonton wrappers, cut into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced Chinese sausage
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 shallot, diced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup drained, canned, sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup julienned sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a large baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray, arrange wonton wrapper strips in a single layer. Coat both sides lightly with cooking spray and bake 5 to 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until golden brown. Let cool on paper towels.
3. Arrange sausage slices on same baking sheet; bake 15 minutes, or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
4. Meanwhile, in a jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste, seal jar, and shake well.
5. In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients; pour dressing over salad and toss again to coat. Sprinkle with wonton strips and sausage slices.