Rosemary-Manchego Veggie Melts
- 1 1/2 cups 1/4-inch carrot slices
- 1 cup 1/4-inch red bell pepper strips
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices whole-wheat Italian bread (about 8 ounces)
- 3 ounces grated Manchego (about 1 cup)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a medium bowl, toss together carrots, bell pepper, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread in a pie plate or baking dish and roast 15 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from oven and preheat the broiler with the rack 4 inches from heat.
2. Brush bread with 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, top with roasted vegetables and sprinkle with Manchego. Broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is just melted and light golden.