Blueberry-Orange Mini Loaves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons extra-light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat two 4-by-6-inch mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Stir in blueberries and make a well; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into well in dry ingredients and stir until mix is just moistened and batter is still slightly lumpy.
4. Pour batter into pans until they are three-quarters full. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon sugar evenly over both loaves. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until tops are light golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a rack, then remove from pan to cool completely.