Sesame and Garlic Flank Steak With Grilled Asparagus
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pinches salt plus additional for seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/4 pounds lean flank steak, patted dry
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
1. 1. Using the flat side of a knife or a mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic and pinch of salt until the mixture forms a paste; transfer to a small bowl. Mix in the honey, lemon juice and soy sauce; slowly whisk in 1 teaspoon oil.
2. 2. Place the steak in a shallow dish or bowl. Pour the marinade over steak and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3. 3. Heat the grill to high. Remove steak from marinade and season lightly with salt and black pepper. Transfer to grill; close the cover and cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes a side for medium rare. Let meat rest on a cutting board 5 minutes.
4. 4. Meanwhile, toss the asparagus with remaining oil and sprinkle with pinch of salt. Place in a grill basket; close cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes a side, until tender. Slice meat thinly and serve with asparagus.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)