Sesame and Garlic Flank Steak With Grilled Asparagus
- cal. (kcal) 258
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Marinate: 4 hrs
- Cook: 15 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 8
large cloves garlic, finely chopped
pinches salt plus additional for seasoning
fresh lemon juice
toasted sesame oil
lean flank steak, patted dry
Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Using the flat side of a knife or a mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic and pinch of salt until the mixture forms a paste; transfer to a small bowl. Mix in the honey, lemon juice and soy sauce; slowly whisk in 1 teaspoon oil.
- 2. Place the steak in a shallow dish or bowl. Pour the marinade over steak and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Heat the grill to high. Remove steak from marinade and season lightly with salt and black pepper. Transfer to grill; close the cover and cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes a side for medium rare. Let meat rest on a cutting board 5 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, toss the asparagus with remaining oil and sprinkle with pinch of salt. Place in a grill basket; close cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes a side, until tender. Slice meat thinly and serve with asparagus.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 258 cal., 12 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 8 g carb. (1 g fiber), 30 g pro.