Pork Posole With Avocado and Lime
- 1 pound center-cut boneless pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can hominy (such as Goya) or whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 5 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, sliced into 4 wedges
1. Sprinkle the pork with the salt, black pepper and chili powder.
2. In a soup pot, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from pot.
3. Add the onion, celery, garlic, oregano and cumin to the pot; cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the chicken broth, hominy or corn, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in pork and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
4. Ladle soup into four bowls; top each with slices of the avocado and radishes and a lime wedge.