Mustard and Sage Crusted Pork Loin With Warm Barley and Arugula Salad
- 1 1/3 cups pearl barley
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound pork loin
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 Fuji apple, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the barley according to package directions. Cool slightly.
2. On a baking sheet, combine the panko and sage and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt; mix well. Using a pastry brush, coat the pork with the mustard. Roll in the panko mixture. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray and place pork in pan. Roast 25 minutes.
3. Add the vinegar and oil and remaining salt to the barley; toss. Fold in the walnuts, arugula and apple.
4. Remove pork from oven and let it rest 3 minutes. Slice into 1/2-inch medallions; serve with barley salad.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)