Pork Fried Rice With Peas and Carrots
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped scallions (white and green part)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine pork, ginger, cornstarch and 2 teaspoons soy sauce, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir in 1 teaspoon oil.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, then pork; stir-fry 1 minute using a metal spatula. Add carrots and peas and stir-fry 1 minute. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, rice and scallions and stir-fry, combining well, 1 minute. Add cilantro, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and stir-fry until pork is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.