Penne With Shrimp, Feta and Olives
- 8 ounces penne
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp (about 13 to 15), peeled and deveined, tails removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium head fennel, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
1. Cook penne according to package directions, reserving 1 cup pasta water; drain.
2. Meanwhile, pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink in the middle, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
3. Return skillet to stove and heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and fennel; season with salt and pepper to taste; and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping the bottom of skillet. Stir in tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in olives, shrimp and penne, adding reserved pasta water as needed to loosen sauce. Sprinkle with feta and oregano.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)