Wheat Fettuccine with Arugula
- 8 ounces dried whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 cups torn arugula
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Return fettuccine to saucepan; cover and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet cook garlic in hot oil for 1 minute. Stir in broth, vinegar, salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; remove skillet from heat. Stir in cooked fettuccine, arugula, and tomatoes.
3. To serve, divide the pasta mixture among 4 dinner plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Serve immediately.