Spaghetti With Cherry Tomatoes and Toasted Garlic
- 3/4 pound whole-grain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. While pasta cooks, pour the oil into a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes. Increase heat to medium high, cover and cook until tomatoes are warm and softened but still retain their shape, about 3 minutes.
3. Add pasta, 1/4 cup each of the basil and Parmesan, and the salt and black pepper to the tomato mixture and toss to combine. Top with remaining cheese and basil and serve.