Pasta With Clam Sauce
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 8 ounces bottles clam juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 10 ounces cans baby clams, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan.
3. Add garlic and basil and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
4. Add clam juice and red-pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat. Add clams and lemon juice; simmer 5 minutes.
6. Toss sauce with linguine and parsley; top each serving with cheese.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)