Chicken and Arugula Lasagna
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground white-meat chicken
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 eggs
- 2 15 ounce containers part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 bag baby arugula, steamed and drained
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the ground chicken with the red pepper flakes and salt and black pepper to taste. Add chicken and the garlic to the skillet; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Combine the basil, eggs, ricotta and Parmesan in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Mist a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce over the bottom of the dish. Arrange 4 cooked noodles over sauce and top with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the chicken mixture and half of the arugula; top with 1 cup marinara. Repeat layers, ending with noodles and remaining marinara.
4. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes.