Cavatelli with Arugula & Dried Cranberries
- 8 ounces dried cavatelli or rotini pasta (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups torn arugula and/or fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or coarsely chopped pistachio nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss with broth and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add arugula; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until just wilted.
3. To serve, in a large bowl combine warm pasta mixture, arugula mixture, cranberries, and nuts. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. If desired, season to taste with salt or sea salt.