Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes With Fruit
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup 2 percent milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup berries or chopped fruit
1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except for oil and berries; mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix until smooth.
2. Lightly coat a griddle or large saute pan with canola oil and heat over medium heat. Ladle approximately 3 tablespoons batter on griddle and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon berries. Cover berries with 1 additional tablespoon batter and cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.