Maple-Walnut Pizza with Chicken Sausage
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 16-ounce ball whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar (about 1 cup)
- 5 fully cooked breakfast-style chicken sausage links (such as Aidells), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups loosely packed field greens
1. Place an oven rack in the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll out dough to size of prepared baking sheet and transfer to sheet.
2. Brush remaining oil on dough and scatter onion, cheddar, sausage and walnuts over it.
3. Bake pizza until bottom is crisp and starting to brown and cheese is melted and bubbling, 13 to 17 minutes. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with field greens.