Maple-Glazed Chicken Breasts
- cal. (kcal) 186
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Start to Finish: 2 hrs 20 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 15
pure maple syrup
reduced-sodium soy sauce
clove garlic, minced
minced fresh ginger
freshly ground pepper
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 8 ounces), trimmed and tenders removed (see Tip)
- Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165 degrees F, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.
- Tip: Wrap and freeze the chicken tenders. When you have gathered enough, use them in a stir-fry--they are the perfect size.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 186 cal., 1 g total fat 66 mg chol., 343 mg sodium, 15 g carb. 27 g pro.