Lox-and-Bagel Bread Pudding
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup 1 percent milk
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 everything bagels, torn into bite-size chunks
- 5 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 ounces light cream cheese (about 1/4 cup)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, egg whites and pepper. In a separate large bowl, gently toss together bagels, tomatoes, smoked salmon, onion and chives; transfer to baking dish.
3. Pour egg mixture over bagel mixture, gently tapping dish to eliminate air bubbles. Cut cream cheese into 8 pieces and arrange evenly on top of bread pudding. Bake until golden brown, 55 to 60 minutes.