Fresh Raspberry-Mousse Almond Crumb Cake
Serving size: 1 piece View Nutrition Facts
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam or preserves (preferably seedless)
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or potato masher until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup for later use.
2. Add yogurt, vanilla and almond extracts, egg, baking powder, and baking soda to mixture. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Pour into 8-inch-round nonstick baking pan.
3. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and jam; beat at low speed until blended. Spread evenly over batter. Top with reserved flour mixture, sprinkling of raspberries (optional) and almonds.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until edges are browned and center is nearly set. Cool on a rack. Refrigerate 3 hours, or until well chilled. Cut into 8 wedges.