- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 pound Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 14 ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 8.8ounce package precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add oil, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Add bacon and celery; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until bacon begins to brown.
2. Add black-eyed peas, rice, thyme and salt; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until rice is heated through (if mixture starts to stick, add 1 tablespoon water). Remove from heat and stir in parsley.