Hoisin Burgers With Asian Slaw
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 pound 93-percent-lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1. Combine cabbage, sesame seeds, vinegar, soy sauce and oil in a medium bowl; let sit 20 minutes to an hour.
2. Coat the grill rack with cooking spray; heat the grill to medium.
3. Combine hoisin sauce, ground beef, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; form mixture into four patties, making a slight depression in the center of each to help them cook evenly.
4. Place patties on grill and cook 5 minutes a side, or to desired degree of doneness. For the last minute of grilling, place hamburger buns on grill cut side down and cook until lightly toasted.
5. Divide cucumber slices among the four bottom halves of the buns; top with patties, slaw and remaining bun halves.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)